Monday, May 24, 2010

Connecting Student Learning and Technology

I have already seen the benefits of making the classroom a community through technology. The community can be broadened by connecting more than one class. Through the Moodle website for my classes, student work is posted and other students can view and comment on the work. It is also helpful for students who are unclear about an assignment to view others then take off on their own. Kids feel comfortable and confident having this resource.

Here is the link if you would like to take a look.http://moodle.mcsin-k12.org/

5 comments:

  1. I do like the idea of having technology for students to access that allows for knowledge to be distributed. When it comes to learning sometimes one can find information from others to gain knowledge for one's self. For instance, if I am stuck on a mathematical proof involving geometric figures, then looking at a proof that is similar might help me find clues to solve that particular proof. Very good idea, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested in Moodle because I have a colleague who implements it into his classroom and has a lot of success with it. For whatever reason, I couldn't view your Moodle, so I'll ask you about it in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I have been curious about learning more about Moodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also be interested in moodle in the classroom. I have often wondered if there is a grant that teachers can get ahold of so that there are laptops in their classroom or ipads or something so that the classroom can have live discussions in a different type of setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea that students can view other student work. Sometimes students just need to see examples for them to get a better idea of what the assignment includes. It may also help the individual student generate a different or unique approach to completing the assignment.

    ReplyDelete