Thursday, May 27, 2010

21st Century Learners

Upon reading all of the articles I realize that past learning has been somewhat stagnant. The world is truly at our fingertips BUT are we becoming satisfied with technology status quo? The term "jack of all trades but master of none" comes to mind. I have worked with a fellow art teacher who is much more technology savvy than I but this teacher did not know how to perform basic physical activities that were crucial in the art studio. So, how technology-focussed do we become that skill and experience in a specific field is not the central focus. How do we become experts at a skill driven task? Practice.... Experience....Comittment.....
Often when I am completing mandatory tasks at the computer I am thinking about how I would like to be creating a piece of jewelry, sculpture or painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment